Sunday, November 9, 2008

I Love this comment from one of our own parents...

I had to share. To whomever spoke these words.... THANK YOU. You understand and have summed up in your brief, but so eloquent, comment why we must revisit the current math curricula in our school. You are so right!

Anonymous said...
While reading this information about why traditional elementary math must be discarded I can't help to think about all of the awesome programs at Camdenton Schools and compare. We have one of the best football programs in the state. Our players memorize many plays and procedures. I see them practice in 100 degree weather before school even starts because the coaches know that practice is essential. Our marching band is amazing! It always impresses me when I watch them not only march in step together, but play music beautifully. This comes from hours of practice. Again, the director knows the importance of practice and memorization. Our choirs, even at the elementary level, are outstanding. They practice and memorize the words and actions to the songs. I could go on and on. The factor that all of our District's excellent programs have in common is practice and memorization. I hope we will choose to put these factors back into our math program. Camdenton has a tradition of excellence. I hope we don't break that tradition.Thank you again.